Saturday, October 24, 2009

My Most Recent ReStore Rescues



I never know what I'm going to come across when I go to my nearest ReStore.  I go looking for a vintage gas stove to use in my planned kitchen re-do.  I haven't found what I am looking for yet, but I always come across something from the mid-century time period that is just begging me to save it.  Sometimes it is as little as a vintage metal light switch plate, which sells for a whopping ten cents, sometimes I find light fixtures, like the vintage pull-down brass fixture that I got for $5 (which is now in storage).  My most recent visit yielded the above treasures.  Two ceiling light globes.  I really like the top one with the great detail in the finish.  I can also really appreciate the simple linear design of the one pictured on the bottom.  I got away pretty cheap with these.  $3.50 for both, another piece saved from the dump.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.