Monday, December 31, 2012

Music Evolution

Today's post is gonna be a bit of a break from vintage stuff.  I'm still a vintage loving fool, but I have been collecting much less lately.  Something about a problem with running out of space for goodies.  LOL.

I do have a post of some recently acquired vintage treasures in the works, but for today, I'm going to focus on something completely different.  Today I feel like sharing some of my current favorite music.

Am I the only person whose musical tastes seem to be continuously evolving?  I have always been a rock fan (surprised?  I prefer bands like Linkin Park, Staind, Chevelle, Shinedown, Halestorm, and Sixx:A.M. among others).  But lately, I've felt pulled in a different direction.  My current favorites include some Folk Rock groups among other genres.

Up first:  The Lumineers - Ho Hey



I'm thinking that these Folk Rock groups help appease my love for Rock music as well as my rural American roots.

Next:  Mumford & Sons - I Will Wait



When I looked up this next group, it appears that they are classified as Indie Rock, but they have a really folksy sound to me.

Imagine Dragons - It's Time



Finally, this group isn't folksy, but I absolutely love their sound and most of all, the lead singer's voice.

Last:  Alabama Shakes - Hold On



So, that concludes my list of currently trending music here at the Cul-De-Sac Shack.  I hope you find something on this list that brings joy to your ears.  What is currently trending with you?

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.