Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Ebay Addict

So, what happens when a teacher has a little time at home alone (like about 2 weeks over the summer - and you all thought we got three months).

Well, this teacher had too much time to check eBay for Promotional Pyrex goodies!  Here's what a little time searching and several clicks of the mouse landed me:



Let's see, top to bottom: an 8 inch square baking pan.  I have never seen one with a straight gold line on it before.  The gold line is on all four sides.  Next, a Holiday 1960 promotional 2 quart casserole, and lastly a 1959 Golden Tulip promotional 2 quart casserole.


Next up, a 1.5 quart Empire Scroll (Vines) promotional casserole and a 2.5 quart Charcoal Snowflake casserole.


Top: a yellow Desert Dawn pie plate, a 2.5 quart black and white casserole which I do not know the name for.  However, it is very similar to the 2.5 quart Gourmet promotional casserole.  This piece had its original stand.  I have been wanting this piece for a long time, and finally a good deal came my way on eBay.  It has it's original lid and cradle.  The best part about this piece is that it is Delphite (blue) Pyrex, which has been painted white on the outside and then had the gold decoration painted on.


But wait, there's more!  Once again, top to bottom:  a 1959 Compass promotional divided server, a Musical Staff promotional baker (not in the best shape) and lastly, a Spring 1958 promotional piece - Rooster Black 2 quart baking dish with a cork handled cradle. 

Wow!  Eleven new pieces, most of which are promotional pieces.  Nine of them came from eBay, two of them (the yellow pie plate and the red Holiday casserole) were local purchases.  I call that success!

However, I must do something to curb this addiction...

Have a great Tuesday!

7 comments:

  1. What a great summer's worth of purchases - I've never seen that square pan with the line either - you were lucky to get them - I have only two of these - Compass and Golden Tulip - the pieces you have are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd call it greedy if they weren't in such good hands. Kept thinking the one with the line was generic, as if it should say simply dish under each line. The holiday one is my fav (have the one with gold on it, just a bit different).

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU ARE AN INSTAGATOR! haha I counted my pieces yesterday (to take inventory before the show) Before our Missouri trip I had maybe eight pieces... now? TWENTY FOUR... hahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Rooster Black piece! Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hot dog! Look at you go! I've never even heard of that musical staff one. And yes, I do believe it's an addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is quite the haul! I too adore the dish with the straight line. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know I totally understand your eBay addiction. I was buying up Pyrex right and left about two years ago but finally decided I was paying just too much in shipping costs. Now I buy costume jewelry and I sure do like those $2 and $3 shipping charges! That being said, I love all your acquisitions. Love that Holiday bowl!

    ReplyDelete

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.