Wednesday, February 8, 2012

1969 Caprice - the Cadillac of the Chevrolet Line



Today I wanted to share this great commercial from 1969.  This body style of the Caprice will forever be one of my favorites, as it is the same basic car as the 1970.  My first car was a Gobi Beige 1970 Caprice 4 door hardtop (no pillar between the windows between the front and back doors).  I loved that car, and still have it today.  When well optioned, a Caprice could rival the features of a Cadillac.  Of course, with the Chevy Bow-tie on it, it couldn't compete with the prestige, but it was still an impressive vehicle.

I once read an article where an automotive magazine did a comparison between the Caprice and the Cadillac (the article dated around 1970).  They found the cars to be more alike than different.  It was an interesting read.

Have a great Wednesday!

1 comment:

  1. I had completely forgotten about the Caprice. Thanks for the memory. My first car was a 1964 Impala SS...bright red with red leather interior and a 4-speed. That was in 1967...and I thought I was HOT...LOL

    ReplyDelete

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.