Have you entered my 150 follower giveaway? If not, do so before Friday evening! Click here.
The mailbox re-do that I shared on Tuesday was just the first project I tackled this week. The second, on my long list, was my vintage General Electric refrigerator. My neighbor's son found this in the basement of a house that he bought, and he was more than happy to give it to me to get it out of the way! I brought it home, let it sit upright for 24 hours before plugging it in (I had to haul it on it's side), and discovered that it still works beautifully. So, all it needed was cosmetic attention. I can do that!
Here it is when I started on Tuesday morning.
I spent some time with a wire brush removing the rust, then sanded it and rubbed it down with some medium and then fine steel wool. Then, using appliance epoxy spray paint that I picked up, I set to work. For some reason, the paint took better on the kick panel than on the fridge body. Ironic, since I painted that piece in like 2 minutes, and spent two days carefully working on the body. The store is out of appliance epoxy, which means that I will have to wait to get a couple more cans so that I can try to bring a little more shine to it. Still, I think the transformation has been amazing!
Now I just need to order a new door seal. Once that's done, the fridge will take it's place in my kitchen, and my current fridge will find a new home in the garage (I have to have some freezer space!). Next major project - having my Tappan Deluxe restored to working condition so that it can join the fridge.
Have a great Thursday!
1950's Atomic Ranch House - Mid Century
23 hours ago