Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Colonial light - Dining Room


Colonial light - Dining Room
Originally uploaded by white_chevy

One of my favorite features in my house is this great Colonial hurricane style pull-down light in my dining room. Although I have found many downsides to living in a former rental house (especially one that spent 48 years of it's life as a rental), one of the upsides is that nearly all of the original light fixtures are present throughout the house. The only rooms that do not still have their original fixtures are the bedrooms, which had ceiling fans installed at some point.

My house features a very open floor plan, making the house seem larger than it really is. The living room, dining room, and kitchen are really just one big room with wooden half walls defining the different spaces. This light matches the light in the kitchen exactly, except that the light in the kitchen isn't retractable. These retractable lights have become yet another item on my list to keep my eyes open for, or in the words of Pam at RetroRenovation.com my "Retro Radar". I have one that I picked up at the nearest Habitat for Humanity ReStore earlier this summer. Now it's in storage until I can find a use for it.

1 comment:

  1. I was going through some modern designs on Dining Room Decor and I found amazing collection.

    ReplyDelete

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.