Sunday, September 20, 2009

Heywood-Wakefield Bedroom Set - This Weekend's Estate Sale Find




This weekend found me once again enjoying one of my favorite activities.  While reading through the local weekly classified paper this past week, I discovered an estate auction with a vintage Heywood-Wakefield bedroom set.  To say that I was curious about the set would be a great understatement.  Saturday morning found me at the sale to discover a beautiful bedroom set in the Encore style.  Included in the set was a Heywood Wakefield M524 Encore Group Mr/Mrs Dresser with large mirror, a Heywood Wakefield M522 Encore Group 5-Drawer Chest, and matching full size bed with headboard, footboard, and side rails.  The set also included a mattress set.  When the time came to sell the set, bidding started at a measly $50.  I jumped into the bidding immediately, after a brief battle with another bidder who also desperately wanted the set, I was able to purchase it for only $220.  My next-door neighbor wanted the mattress set and offered me $50 for it, and as I have a good set already to use on it, I took her up on the offer.  This boils down to a price of only $170 for the set!  What a bargain.  My next problem was that I really had no place for it.  I didn't want to get rid of my beautiful solid oak bedroom set, and it is too large of a set for my second bedroom.  So, it was moved into my living room and dining room until I could figure out what to do with it.  I was excited when my parents wanted to use it in my old bedroom, as it still has no furniture in it after I moved out.  Problem solved!  I appologize for the pictures, I took them of the pieces just after getting them home.  I will post better ones when we get it all set up in it's new home!

1 comment:

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.