Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day!

I had today's post all written and scheduled to be published when I came across this video.  I felt this was a great way to go with today's post.  Enjoy this video of soldiers reuniting with their families.  Being a teacher, the clips with kids (and there are many) really got to me.  Be warned - you will cry.



Have a great 4th of July!  The post that I shared yesterday was the original post I had created for today.  If you didn't see it, check it out - it's Kate Smith singing The Star Spangled Banner.

I'll end today with a quote from one of my favorite presidents.  "America was not built on fear.  America was built on courage, on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand." ~ Harry S Truman.

Always remember - there is NO period after the S in Harry S Truman.  The S is actually his middle name.  There's a bit of trivia for ya!

1 comment:

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.