Thursday, July 1, 2010

The House of the Rising Sun

I finally got a needle for the record player in my great 1968 RCA stereo, so now I can listen to the radio, my vintage records, and, when I get things set up, I'll have a CD player hooked up to it.  The way that works is that it has an external jack for a tape deck...well, it uses the exact same audio cables as the audio cables for a DVD player.  So, I'm going to get one of those cheap little $30 DVD players and hook it into the tape input jack and then I can listen to my CDs.  I've already done this, but moving my DVD player back and forth gets old.  Remember my stereo?


Anyway, one of the songs that I've been listening to is The House of the Rising Sun by The Animals.  This has always been one of my favorites.  I ran across a 1964 music video for the song, so I thought it'd be something fun to share!  Enjoy!


I also just noticed that YouTube lets me edit the width of videos now...no more videos too big for the blog!  Yay!

4 comments:

  1. I beleive I will be adding that song to my next blog play list! So glad you can play your records now. It drives me NUTS that for some reason the speaker on my 1946 console wont do anything except hum loudly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, your 1946 console is a tube radio. My guess is that the capacitors inside the set have gone bad (those old paper and wax capacitors were famous for this). When they go bad, the unit will hum loudly. You may also want to check the tubes...but you'll need a tube tester, and they aren't cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool. i love those old consoles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every home needs one of these! Really love the legs on this one, too... The great thing about these consoles is that they can be adapted in many ways with modern systems.

    ReplyDelete

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.