Friday, July 2, 2010

Movie Friday: From Russia With Love

So, after the news this week of the Russian spies that have been captured here in the US, visions of the Cold War popped into my mind.  Yes, I am old enough to remember the cold war, but I was young when it ended...9 years old, to be exact.  I knew that this week's movie needed to be a great Cold War era spy thriller...first I though of Doris Day's The Glass Bottom Boat, but after searching the blog archives I discovered that I shared that film back in January.  Then it hit me: who better than James Bond?  So, today I bring you From Russia With Love.


A little information from Wikipedia:

From Russia with Love (1963) is the second in the James Bond spy film series, and the second to star Sean Connery as the fictional MI6 agent James Bond. The film was produced by Albert R. Broccoli and Harry Saltzman, and directed by Terence Young. It is based on the 1957 novel of the same name by Ian Fleming. In the film, James Bond is sent to assist in the defection of Soviet consulate clerk Tatiana Romanova in Turkey, where SPECTRE plans to avenge Bond's killing of Dr. No.

There's a lot more information on the plot if you click on the Wikipedia link above.

This brings up thoughts of Julius and Ethel Rosenberg.


And that's where I'm going to leave you this Friday.  A mid-century Cold War movie...and a short documentary of the most famous American Soviet spies.  A little something to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.