Friday, July 23, 2010

Movie Friday: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory / Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Last night I went to see my nieces be Oompa-Loompas in the community theater children's production of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  So, what else could I choose for today?

There have been two movies produced over the years from this story written by Roald Dahl.

The first was Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory:


This is the original from the early 1970s that starred Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka.

The second film made from the original story is Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, which came out in 2005.


This newer film stars Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka. 

You won't go wrong choosing either movie, they're both great!

Have a great Friday!

1 comment:

  1. There's not one single movie Johnny Depp has made that I'm not in love with, but this one stretched my ability to love due to his complete weirdness. Yes, I realize that he's been a kid with scissors for hands and a cross-dressing Hollywood director and recently a Carrot Top look-alike Mad Hatter but his Willy Wonka was just, well, creepy. But then it's Johnny Depp and that's good enough for me. The technical aspects of the second movie were far superior, but that song Gene Wilder about a world of imagination (that's now part of a commercial that I love) was a real highlight. Great choice today, Michael!

    ReplyDelete

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.