Wednesday, December 29, 2010

A Dangerous Combination

Two weeks off of work and time to shop the big auction site is not a good combination!  However, I have picked up a couple of great finds!

The seller of these pieces had typos in their descriptions, so thankfully I just happened to stumble across them.  Also, luckily, that made it almost impossible for other buyers to find them.


First up, I nabbed this great mid-century ashtray and stand.  I got it for 99 cents!  With shipping, it was still cheaper than most pieces of Pyrex that I pick up on the big auction site.  Now, I don't smoke, so I'm not quite sure what I will use it for, but I think it will make a great addition to my collection of mid-century decorations.  Most likely it will stand by a chair in the living room, just looking awesome!


Secondly, I picked up this 1 1/2 quart Pyrex casserole in the Regency pattern.  I had not come across this pattern before, so I looked it up and found that it was a promotional pattern from Fall 1965.  Promo patterns are what I mainly try to collect.  I like them becuase while there may be thousands of Butterprint or Butterfly Gold or Spring Blossom pieces floating around, these pieces are a little harder to come across.  This piece has a little chip in the corner of the lid handle and a couple of scratches in the paint (nothing bad) but otherwise is in good shape.  Thanks to the typo in the description, it was a good deal at $3.99 (plus shipping).

So, have any of you found any great finds lately?

3 comments:

  1. That is one gorgeous ashtray stand! I don't smoke either but you can't pass up these beautiful objects. I have some allover the house just looking awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great ashtray! I don't smoke, but still have a great smoking stand that I inherited. I use pieces like that as a handy place to put a floral arrangement.

    ReplyDelete

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.