Monday, December 6, 2010

What a Weekend!

It was a very busy weekend, and I have nothing vintage to share.

Saturday was the Christmas Parade in the town where I teach.  A little town of about 1,000 people had a parade with around 50 entries in it.  I think that's pretty good! Our Community Teachers Association (I'm Vice-President) had a float.  I love the people that I work with, and we always have so much fun when we get together.  The theme for the parade was "Christmas Miracles" and as we couldn't do a religious theme, we chose to focus on families being together, and focused on military families being reunited for Christmas.  The grandson of one of our members is a Marine and he's home now, so he agreed to be on the float.  It was a great day.

Then on Sunday I had church and Sunday School, took my truck to the mechanic (the steering gearbox needs to have a seal replaced - so no power steering on the drive to the mechanic, 15 miles away), then drove over to the town I teach in to a photographer appointment.  Back home for our Sunday School Christmas party (always a good time) then over to Grandma's to visit my family that is visiting from out of state, and finally, home to do a load of laundry before bed.

Therefore, I really have nothing vintage to post about today.  However, I do want to share this great clip of Rose Nylund's St. Olaf words.  Somehow, this seems to be a great way to start out the week.  Hope you enjoy, it's not very long.



Have a great Monday!

5 comments:

  1. I'm going to make kransekake for Christmas, guess I'd fit right in in St. Olaf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life sounds really nice in your part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you that was hilarious!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great weekend. I think it's so cool that your school does a float in the town parade. I smiled big time when you said you love the people you work with; I say I love the people I work with all the time and I really do. It sure makes a difference. We had a 'baby party' for one of our teachers - before that a few of us went to a Vintage Christmas Antique Show. I went wild! I got some great things. I wish everyone could see my tree! It's time to post some Christmas photos. I'll look forward to seeing 'em.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for that clip, Michael. I laughed so hard I started to cry. I'm reminded of the St Olaf production of A Christmas Carol with the all-chicken cast, lol.

    ReplyDelete

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.