Friday, December 24, 2010

Movie Friday: White Christmas


For today's Movie Friday, I'm going to make this movie a tradition for the last Movie Friday before Christmas.  It was my featured movie for Christmas last year, and will probably be the featured movie for Christmas next year.  This is my all time favorite Christmas movie.  I have watched it three times already this year.  And, as I have already featured this movie, I don't see a need to reinvent the wheel, so here's the write up from last year.

"White Christmas!  A Technicolor classic in VistaVision!  This great uplifting movie from 1954 will always bring a tear to my eye.  It is the story of two ex-WWII GI's who return after the war to become singing and dancing entertainers.  The ex-GI's, played by Bing Crosby (who else?) and Danny Kaye, meet up with two sisters who happen to be the sisters of an old army pal.  The sisters, played by Rosemary Clooney and Vera Ellen, are on their way to Vermont to an inn where they are to perform for the holidays.  Crosby and Kaye follow the ladies to Vermont, where they find that the inn is run by their former General, who is played by Dean Jagger.  The story that unfolds is truly heartwarming and inspirational.

There is a lot of great music in this Irving Berlin classic, with the title song, "White Christmas," of course.  No one can sing "White Christmas" like Bing!

When Crosby and Kaye first meet the girls, the girls sing the song "Sisters" which I enjoy even more knowing that my grandma made my mom and her two sisters learn that song so that they could all sing together when they were growing up."

If the set looks familiar, it is.  It is the same set that was used in Holiday Inn, which I featured last week.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this movie. My middle name is Kaye, and when I was a kid, I fibbed and told other kids that Kaye was a family name, and Danny Kaye was my uncle. Gee, no one believed me -- I guess because we lived in a very small town and no one had ever seen Danny show up for a visit.

    ReplyDelete

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.