Monday, November 29, 2010

My New Vintage Zenith Console TV


First of all, I have gained 3 new followers over the past few days, so to all the new people, welcome!  And to all my old followers, thanks for sticking around!

So, here it is.  The Zenith console TV that I purchased about a month ago.  It is in beautiful condition, although I don't believe that it is working.  However, I really don't care about that, as it is going to sit in the living room where I don't watch TV.  I just wanted it because it matches the style I have going in the living room, and wanted to be period correct.  I can always get a flat panel and set on top of it if I decide to use the living room for TV viewing again.  I even have the original remote for it!  It's so neat - no batteries required!  Now, I just need to get things rearranged and I'll be able to bring it home from the storage unit!



7 comments:

  1. Very nice, and with the remote no less what a deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice! those old remotes are how they came to be called "clickers." course, remotes don't click anymore (just like phones don't dial). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! We had a very ugly one growing up. I broke my pinkie toe on the corner of it when I was 6. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice!

    We had a very ugly one growing up too. Never came with a remote.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is gorgeous. I heard Jeff Foxworthy say, You might be a redneck if -- you set your new TV on top of the old broken one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice, we had a similar one with a lighter cabinet in the early 60's with the same exact remote.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is this a B&W or color TV? I remember when color became "affordable" back around 1963-65 with be big round 21" RCA at around $300-400, which was a lot of money back then.

    ReplyDelete

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.