Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Weekend Finds

Somehow, through the incredibly busy weekend, I still managed to pick up a couple of finds.  I have really been cutting back on buying anything, and so I have passed up some neat stuff.  Here's what made it home this weekend:


Mom and Dad's ice cream maker has seen better days.  It's probably about as old as I am, and from all the years of use, the metal container for the ice cream has deteriorated.  It was time to be replaced, and Dad brought me a request "if you ever find a good ice cream maker, get it."  So, Saturday I went to a sale, and sitting there was this amazing Montgomery Ward (remember Wards is my favorite vintage store) Signature ice cream maker.  The wood is in great shape, the plastic liner is like new.  The metal ice cream can is spotless, the beater inside looks unused.  The chrome motor runs like a top, and looks just as good.  The seller plugged it in for me to confirm that it worked, and I happily paid the $5 they were asking for it.  I had to bring it home to get a picture, and now it's going to Mom and Dad's house, where it will be making ice cream for us on the 4th of July.  Yum!  My parents were amazed at how nice it is.  Much better quality than the old one.  It's survived close to 50 years, and I'm certain that it has many years of use left.


I found a set of three of these fun metal TV trays with stands.  The retro leaf pattern is great.  They need a good scrubbing, and a few dents popped out.  $1 for all three.


Of course I would find some vintage Christmas.  Well, it was really only one thing, this hand-made yarn wreath with vintage holly bunches and a couple of little elves.  25 cents.

That's it for this weekend.  I was pretty proud of myself, I managed to pass up so much stuff.  I am still busy clearing things out of the house.  It feels good to get rid of the unused stuff, even if it is vintage.  I'm donating some to a charity thrift store, and sending some to a box lot consignment auction.  Maybe I'll manage to get a few bucks out of it!

Have a great Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. Great buys, those TV trays look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds as always! I wish I could find such vintage goodies for cheap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff! I know how you feel with the cutting back and saving everything I have is going into the 19th. haha! M/W is my favorite also!

    ReplyDelete

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.