Saturday, November 21, 2009

What Do You Call This Thing?

I found this little guy in a box of stuff that I got at an auction - you know, one of those boxes where everything left that didn't go with anything else got shoved together and sold in one big box.  They usually go really cheap, and sometimes they have some neat things in them, and sometimes it's a couple of dollars wasted and everything ends up in the trash can.  I am fairly certain that he was used as a plant waterer (spell check is yelling at me for that one!), the little spike on the bottom isn't glazed so that water could pass through the porous ceramic material, and when you remove his head, there is a mineral ring inside, leading me to believe that he has been filled with water quite often.  Does anybody know what this is really called, or have any idea how old it is?  I'm guessing 1970s, but I'm not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.