Friday, February 5, 2010

Friday Movie: Smokey and the Bandit


This week I'm sharing one of my favorite movies of all time.  Dad and I would cancel all of our plans to watch this every time that it came on TV when I was growing up.  They made three of these movies, but the first one is by far my favorite!

These fun movies feature Burt Reynolds, Sally Field, Jackie Gleason, Jerry Reed and more.  The exciting story of a bet to run bootleg liquor in 28 hours, the action never lets up.

If you want the whole story of what you'll find in Smokey and the Bandit, visit the Wikipedia article here.

I am so ready for a weekend.  It has been an incredibly long, stressful, and exhausting week.  I am to the point that I can't hardly remember my own name...it's Pete, right?  Anyway, have a great Friday

~ Missouri Michael

6 comments:

  1. I hope you have a relaxing weekend!

    Smokey and the Bandit! That's one of those all time classic movies! It's just pure awesome from start to finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I guess I'm just going to have to disagree wtih you here--about the only movie I ever liked with Burt Reynolds was "The Longest Yard" (don't even bother with the Adam Sandler remake even though Burt's in it). He's fine on a TV show, though. Sally Field could never top herself after Sister Bertrille, in my humble opinion . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Christine - this was such a fun and carefree movie! I personally feel that Sally Field's best role was as M'Lynn Eatenton in Steel Magnolias.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for this clip. I called my husband in to watch it. What a fun movie. My favorite is Jerry Reed, God rest his soul, a good actor and a great musician.

    Oh, and we love the name of your blog, and the line, "life on the loop."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anybody who I'd want to know has watched every single episode of Smokey and the Bandit! We have even owned a Firebird like that for a very short period. (Somebody else wanted it more than we did.) So, tell me... which character do you relate to?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm...which character do I relate to? Well, my fisrt gut feeling is the Bandit - I would love to have a great sports car that I could use to outrun Buford T. Justice and of course get the great looking girl! After thinking about it for a while, I think that I might better align myself with Jackie Gleason's character, Buford T. I am usually one that is pretty strict about people following the rules - I'd say that's a result of being a teacher. :)

    ReplyDelete

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.