Friday, February 19, 2010

Movie Friday: Bullitt


Today's movie is Bullitt.  Bullitt features one of the most famous car chases of all time (except for the famous O.J. Simpson chase in the white Ford Bronco).  That car chase is always the first thing to come to my mind about this movie.  The second is the beautiful dark green 1968 Mustang fastback that Steve McQueen drives.  I love that car, and came so close to having it for my first car.  When my father married my mother, he drove a 1967 Mustang fastback in dark green just like McQueen's.  The only difference is that McQueen's car had black interior and Dad's had Ivy Gold.  Dad's machine featured a tire burning 390 c.i. big block.  It was supposed to be my first car.  It needed a fairly intense restoration, but was restorable.  Needless to say, my dad likes to procrastinate.  It wasn't my first car...in fact I have never driven it.  It is sitting out at our farm, rusting away because dad won't let it go.  I even have a good motor and transmission that I bought for it just sitting, waiting for it.  Maybe someday, but most likely not.  Sigh.

Anyway, back to Bullitt.  "There are bad cops and there are good cops-and then there's Bullitt."  This great movie from 1968 stars Steve McQueen, Robert Vaughn, and Jacqueline Bisset.  This is just one of those classics that every red blooded American man needs to see in his lifetime.

Have a great Friday!  I'm preparing for an amazing trip with our church youth group.  My next post will most likely be on Monday, so enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I have a award for you on my blog.
    http://smartcentsmom.blogspot.com/2010/02/lots-of-blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is a GTO freak but his second favorite has always been the vintage Mustangs. You really need to get your dad's car and fix it up! And Bullitt is not just for red-blooded males--this red-blooded female loves the heck out of it, too. Hope your weekend was wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.