Monday, August 16, 2010

Pyrex Week!

Okay, so after sharing my turquoise refrigerator dish set Saturday, I got to digging through my cabinets and realized that I have quite a few Pyrex pieces that I haven't shared with y'all.  So, today I'm declaring this Pyrex week - every post (except for Movie Friday) will be some vintage Pyrex that I have collected.  (I'll leave out the Fire King and Glasbake, etc.)

In the past I have shared my Primary color mixing bowl set, which dates from the late 1940s, my Turquoise refrigerator dishes, and an odd piece whenever I come across one.  I may have a repeat or two this week as I can't remember what all I have posted (Hey, after 300 plus posts, things get a little fuzzy!).  If that happens, I apologize!

Today I'm starting out with the round casserole dishes.

First up:


This 1 1/2 quart 023 dish features the Blue Wheat pattern (all pattern names were taken from Pyrex Love).  According to the Pyrex Love site, this is listed as a promotional pattern.  No information is given as to the type of promotion.  Can anybody fill me in?

Next:


Two 024 2 quart dishes.  The piece on the left is in Lime Green, and unfortunately no longer has it's lid.  The piece on the right is in Red, I believe.  The red dish still has it's original lid.

So, there you have it.  Day 1 is finished.  Come back tomorrow for more!

Oh, I've also added some new Pyrex pieces to my Etsy favorites.  You can see them all by clicking on the Etsy widget on the left.  (I don't get any compensation of any kind for sharing this with you.)

1 comment:

  1. I have the very same lime green dish! ( its the one I fell through the trailer house floor to find) and another one just like it thats turquoise I picked up in Kansas last christmas. They're great aren't they!

    ReplyDelete

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.