Sunday, October 3, 2010

Cat Tail


One of the things that I picked up last week at one of the estate auctions that I attended was a large serving bowl made by Universal Cambridge Potteries for Sears Roebuck and Co. in the Cat Tail pattern.  It was a good deal at $2, even with a small chip in the rim.  I love the pattern.  So, now there's something else to keep my eye out for at estate auctions (only if it's cheap!).  I used it last night as a mixing bowl to mix up some brownies, which I baked in my new 8 inch lime green Pyrex baker that I got at the same estate sale.

I checked eBay for other items in this pattern, and I'll have to say that there is quite an assortment.  Does anybody know when these were made?  If I were to make a guess based on the shape of the different pieces, I would guess 1940s.

Here's some pieces from eBay:


Please note that I am not in any way affiliated with the sellers of these items, and I do not receive any financial gain for sharing them with you.

4 comments:

  1. First of all, did I miss a giveaway whilst hiding from the world?! I have a water pitcher in that cat tail pattern and I LOVE it. I would also say it's from the 40's or 50's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine! Welcome back! I've missed you! Yes, you missed my giveaway. Don't worry, though! When I hit 100 followers I'll do another one. I just need 11 more people. I did just need 10, but I think someone got upset when they didn't win the giveaway, so now I need 11. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll keep an eye out for ya! I really like that pattern I googled it and somewher ein the search saw the year "1952"? So maybe it was then? Im pretty sure all my grandmas dishes at the lake are Cambridge too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Tipp City shakers with Cat Tails on them similar to this. I like this dishware too! Will definitely keep an eye open for this.
    Jim

    ReplyDelete

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.