Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The eBay Saga Continues...

...with a new chapter!

I received the correct bowl today in the mail.  Thank goodness.  Still have not been reimbursed for having to ship back the incorrect one.  I am thankful that I sent it with delivery confirmation so that I know she received it today.  I sent her a reminder that I would like to be reimbursed for shipping it back to her as she had agreed to do in the last email I received from her.  How long should I give her before opening an issue with eBay?  I don't know if I'll have a leg to stand on, but I have saved copies of all of the communication that I have had with the seller, so I'm going to give it a try.

Then, to add insult to injury, I have a new Pyrex eBay saga beginning.  I recently bought a set of the Primary Color nesting bowls for an amazing price.  They arrived today, however they were shipped in a large flat rate box, and not enough packing material.  The only two bowls to survive the journey were the little blue bowl and the little red bowl.  Too bad, as when they arrived I realized that they are marked as the oldest sets are.  Grrr...we'll see how this turns out.

Then, a nice surprise when I got home...the nosy neighbor that I mentioned in my post yesterday was looking through the contents of the bed of my pickup when I got home.  I was not thrilled to turn onto my block and see him looking in there.  The only thing that he saw were a couple of spare tires...but still, he had to walk up my driveway to see.  I did at least catch him off guard and he was very flustered when he realized I was home and pulling in the driveway.  Nosy old coot, leave my stuff alone!

Tune in next time for the next episode of "As the Loop Turns"!

3 comments:

  1. ..Reminder "Go Purple" Wednesday, October 20th....Read More on my blog,

    Dianne
    Kitsch n Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  2. That neighbor is mega nosy! Too bad about the bowls, I don't understand sellers that don't pack well. It makes me FREAK out.

    I guess it's a matter of pride. I always try to pack what I sell as best as I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vonlipi,

    I am always irritated when I get something that I don't feel was packed well. I have never had anything arrive broken before, but I have had several things that I was surprised weren't broken. The bowl that I returned to the seller, for example: I wasn't comfortable with the way that it was packed, so I packed it up just as it came, and added lots of extra packing material to keep it safe. I didn't want to have to deal with the seller claiming I did not pack it well for shipping.

    ReplyDelete

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.