Thursday, October 14, 2010

Weekend Finds


Slim pickings this past weekend, which is a good thing.  I had plans Saturday morning, so no estate auctions to attend, and at the sale I attended Sunday afternoon, pickings were pretty slim.  I came home with two things.  There was more that I was interested in, but most everything at the sale was literally junk, and people weren't bidding, which made the sale move incredibly slow.  I didn't feel like waiting around another hour and a half to bid on a few vintage planters.

On to my finds.  The lamp is solid marble.  It's very heavy.  I'm actually hoping to resell it, as I am considering opening a booth in a local antique / collectible shop.  It is approximately 14 inches from the bottom of the base to the top of the socket.  It is great condition.  Anybody have any suggestions as what it might be worth?  This type of thing is beyond my area of knowledge.

I also found a great Pilleys Fine Dairy Products milk bottle.  I love the red and blue printing on the front and back of the bottle.  This bottle is a keeper.

Have a great Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. "Anybody have any suggestions as what it might be worth?"

    No, but I really like it. It's one piece of marble, not a bunch of pieces strung together. Pretty with all that veining in it. I like!

    ReplyDelete

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.