Saturday, January 9, 2010

Garden Planning Time

I know that it seems impossible to think about, especially with all of the snow that is currently on the ground outside the shack, but I'm thinking about this year's flower gardens.

I follow a blog called THEMOHOUSE, and they featured a seed company that specializes in heirloom seeds.  They offer a free catalog, and best of all, the company is based in good ol' Missouri.

I have recently purchased a mid century gardening and landscape design book on eBay to help with the further planning of the landscape here at the shack, and I hope that some of the plants I find in the book to be appropriate for the period can be found through this company.  The book should be here at the beginning of the week sometime.

Anyway, on to the seed company.  It is called Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds and you can visit their site or request a catalog by clicking on the link I placed in their name, or click on the photo below.




I can't wait to be outside working in the yard again!

3 comments:

  1. Are you a Fan of Roses? Mamie and Ike ALWAYS had roses at their place! That book sounds amazing, I wish Id found somthgin liek that before the Back Yard at the Ch&R took its course haha. Cant wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Roses are the one thing that I don't care for - I had a rose bush here at the shack and I dug it up and got rid of it - but it is a persistant plant - I still have to cut it down several times each year - I must have missed a root when I dug it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had a green thumb but sadly I don't. The California sun gets so hot that all I seem to be able to grow is rosemary and lavender. I just found a great sunset book on landscaping from the early 60's. Lots of gravel and drought tolerant plants. Right up my alley. Good luck to you Michael. Spring is right around the corner.

    ReplyDelete

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.