Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Vintage Royal Ironstone



I was browsing Etsy yesterday and ran across these great vintage Royal Ironstone plates.  I really like the green and navy blue combination.  If I had avocado tile in my house like my great aunt did, I would probably paint the walls a nice shade of blue to go with them.  They are available from seller beppiebags, and the three pieces together are $15.99.

I think that they would look great grouped with the large plate in the center and the two smaller plates on the outside, hanging on a soffit above your kitchen cabinets (if you have one and your cabinets don't go all the way to the ceiling like mine).

Sometimes I think that $16 is an awful lot to pay for three plates, but when I think about them as wall art, the price suddenly doesn't seem so bad.  Maybe that's just me.


4 comments:

  1. Great pattern--the ironstone dinnerware is super tough, too. Royal China also makes my favorite "Blue Heaven" china and I'm pretty sure I have some ironstone, as well. TS&T made some awesome ironstone, as well. $15.99 is a bit much to pay for 3 plates if you also have to pay for shipping, and those plates are heavy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Idea! My mom does that, hse has assorted platers making a "border" in the livingroom. I think your "Art method" is a good way to look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They've sold them - I had a few people follow the link to Esty from here, according to my statistics tracking tool. Did any of you, my faithful readers purchase them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one of these, the large one. It's actually so large, that it's almost more of a platter than a plate really. I do love this pattern. I got mine at a Goodwill several years ago, and I probably paid less than a dollar for it. I use it to serve cookies sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.