Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Retro Green Sofa - CL Find


I found this great retro green sofa on Springfield (MO) Craigslist a few days ago, and I just love it!  Still, I can't bring myself to give up my French Provencial sofa with the funky 60s fabric. 

This 50s sofa looks to be in what I would call "good vintage condition" from the ad.  It isn't perfect, and has a blemish on the top, but for something that is at least 50 years old, I think it looks pretty good!  I think for the $80 asking price, it would definitely be worth giving it a shot.




These don't pop up that often around here, and I have had to restrain myself from going and getting it.  I just don't have room for two sofas in my house, especially when they are two completely different styles.  I guess I could take the bed out of the second bedroom and make it into a library...




Anyway, here is what the seller has to say about it:

"Great green retro sofa, got new sofa so ready to let go of this one. Some wear on top of the sofa as shown in picture. Sofa is worn and not in perfect condition but has a cool 1950's shape and still cute, that is why it is priced accordingly."

You can visit the ad here to find out how to contact the seller.

*******************************

I'm still warming up to this new blog layout - I like the colors, but now I feel like I have turned the blog into Grandma's attic...  On the up side - I was able to create a custom header and have it load into this template correctly.  It wouldn't center itself with the old template.

Tuesday, here I come!

6 comments:

  1. I like the new header. And the sofa with the "frieze" style fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should get the sofa. But that's just me, the person who can't pass up anything, talking. I still like this layout and the header is great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael, there's a 19-teens sofa on eBay right now in Kansas City that I want you to go get, and keep, and cherish, even though it won't fit in the Shack AT ALL. But it's great. I have two almost like it in my living room, same era, same manufacturer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael, 3 words... TO DIE FOR.... Put the French couch in the spare bedroom and SNAG THIS DEAL!!!! Oh How I wish I was still onv acation in kansas... because this owuld be mine! and for $80 OMG!!!! Tell you what! Buy it live with it for a year, If You dont like it I will personally come to the Shack Next Decebmer and GIVE YOU $80 cash...


    DO IT! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL Mick - it is great, but I just can't do it right now. Firstly, I'm not completely sold on this bright color of green (although I see it in a room with gray walls and matching green drapes...) and secondly, I need that money right now to have my furnace fixed. It's had a mind of it's own lately, and I really need to have it looked at. I'm sure that another one will pop up eventually, one that is just right, and then I'll convert the second bedroom into a den/library and put it in there (so I can keep the living room more formal).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to say, but it fits your home much better than the French provincial one. But don't feel bad if you can't buy it now. Like you said, another will pop up. Stan

    ReplyDelete

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.