Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Favorite Photo

So, I get home from work Wednesday evening, start reading all the updates from my favorite blogs, when I come across the latest entry from Christine at I'm Not Old, I'm Vintage.  Turns out, Christine was tagged in a "meme" and asked to share her favorite picture.  She shared a wonderful picture of her mother, which instantly made me laugh.

As I'm reading through the post, I get to the bottom and see who she has tagged, and what do ya know?  I was tagged!  My first thought? "Oh @%&!".

Anyway, I spent some time going through photos, trying to find one that I am really proud of, one that says something about me and who I am.  As it turns out, I really enjoyed looking through all of those old photos.  It took a while, but here is what I finally decided on (I actually was only able to narrow it down to three, but they are all from the same place):



In July 2007, I found myself in my favorite little mountain town, Estes Park, Colorado (have I shared with you that my dream is to sell the shack and live here eventually?).  My favorite activity when I am in Estes Park is to go hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park.  The beauty of God's creation is breathtaking!  I love this picture of this beautiful, calm mountain lake.





Here's another view in Rocky Mountain National Park, taken once I had gone above tree line.  There is a storm rolling in, and we didn't get to finish our hike to the Continental Divide that I had my heart set on (I had my heart more set on not getting struck by lightning when the time came to make the decision to get back below tree line!).  I love the way that the lighting is in this photo.



And of course, I couldn't post pictures of the mountains without including my favorite mountain town!  Here is a little bit of Estes Park.  To the left of the photo is the tourist downtown area, and if you enlarge the photo by clicking on it, you'll see the Stanley Hotel just above the hill in the center of the photo.  (It's the large white building with the red roof.)  The Stanley Hotel was the inspiration for the Overlook Hotel in Steven King's The Shining.  The television miniseries of The Shining was filmed at the Stanley in 1997.  The Stanley was also the "Hotel Danbury" in Dumb and Dumber.

Now it's my turn to pass the meme to five other bloggers!

I chose the following:

Richard at The Bewildered Brit
Lisa at Atomic Tea Party
Maria at Shallow Thoughts from Iowa
MidCenturyMadam at Mid Century Madness
Stan at The Elegant Thrifter

and as an extra, just to be mischievous:

Mick at Everyone Goes to Mick's even though he has already been tagged, I'm doing it because he can't upload pictures to his blog at the moment.  Tee Hee!

7 comments:

  1. @*#%!YOU are naughty! I don't usually do these things, but I will this time since I like you and because you left a few people to tag whom I know will get the joke. What exactly am I supposed to do? Do I just put up my favorite picture, mention my selected bloggers and link them to the post?

    Also....congratulations on your banner and background. It makes such a difference.

    Stan

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - that's what I did Stan - I had never heard of "meme" before I got tagged in this thing. Good luck! I'm really enjoying the new look of the blog - looks much more personal than it did before, which was my goal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well THANKS for tagging me lol! I'll try to get a pic up stat. Iv gotta say I dig the new Banner with the Shack perfectly manicured! I look at it and hear the Ricky Nelson song "Hello Mary Lou" and this makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. To further my point... haha to me this song fits your house!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gt01k4g0V4c

    I hope it is now stuck in your head like it is in mine now! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Last Comment today I promise, But in the song it says " Passes you by one sunny day,Flashed thoes big brown eyes my way,and oo I wanted you..."
    Your Front Door is brown... coincidence... I THINK NOT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy thanks Michael. (I'm saying that in my snarky voice) I think I'll stick to my favorite pic or pics that are already on my computer. Is that fair? I don't really want to go down to the basement and lug my tubs of photos up. I love the photos you posted. Very beautiful. Hope you get to live there someday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds fair to me, since I only used the pics on my computer. I didn't want to spend days going through all the old ones in boxes.

    ReplyDelete

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.