Sunday, January 24, 2010

Thrifting and Flea Markets

I was really proud of myself yesterday.  I went to several flea markets and thrift shops - 7 total - in a nearby town.  I found a lot of things that I would have liked to bring home, but I'm cutting back to save up money for two, possibly three trips this summer, depending on when Mick has his weekend at the Casablanca.

Today I want to share the things that I did not buy, but really caught my eye.  All of these pictures were taken with the camera on my phone, and are not as high quality as they would be if I had used my digital camera. 


This pink lamp was great.  It has great gold trim and the two tiered fiberglass shade just might have been one of the neatest I've ever found.  It was two wedge shaped tiers put together.  Very cool.  Asking price was around $39.



For $25 you could get this amazing black panther ceramic clock.  Did I mention that it was amazing?



For $2 each you could get a new in box vintage door lock set.  They had privacy sets for bedroom and bathroom use, and regular passage knobs.  They also had dummy knobs to match for 50 cents each, new in box.  I really debated buying all of these, but I don't have any real use for them at the moment.



This great lamp would look great in my late 60s inspired living room.  I really considered this as well, for $10.50.



These old metal bedside stands look to me like something that you would have found in a hospital.  There was a fake wood grain on the front, and the handles had a great mid century design.



I know that this isn't mid century, but I had to take a picture of it.  This has to be the oldest Bissell vacuum I have ever seen.  The case and handle are wood.



I found two barrel end tables and three barrel bar stools.  Each piece was priced at $25.



One store I walked into still had its original mid century era tile floor.  I had to take a picture of the great turquoise and off white checkerboard design.  This store is worth visiting just to see the floor!



How about a Window Snack Tray for your car?  Several new in original package for $2.95 each.  Multiple colors to choose from.



Okay Mick, I thought of you when I found these vintage roller skates.  $10.50 for the pair.



I loved this small dinette set.  The table had an oak top, but the legs and chairs look like bamboo...or something along that line.  $150 for the set, I believe.  (It's hard to remember it all, there were so many things at all of the stores!)



Finally, this great metal kitchen cabinet (hutch?) caught my eye.  Two doors for storage at the bottom, a drawer, a shelf above the drawer, and two shelves with sliding glass doors at the top.  $90.

Tomorrow I'll share with you the things that I found for myself.

Have a blessed Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. HOW? Did I miss this post the first time around? Love the pink lamp id snatcht hat up in a heart beat for the $40 I am no going on a Hunt for a panther clock like that too! (if not the clock a "tv lamp" with the black panther. Iv always wanted one of the 50's Tv lamps with the Drama faces on it! Great Post the floors in that one store were too cool.

    ReplyDelete

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.