Sunday, October 11, 2009

Montgomery Ward Signature Labeler Kit

I ran across this vintage plastic strip Labeler Kit (I like the way that my spell check is yelling at me for the word "labeler") at a garage sale yesterday morning.  It was a chilly 36 degrees when I set out, bundled up to enjoy a few end of the season garage sales.  I found this in a box with a bunch of junk (which I threw away) for 50 cents.  I remembered seeing these around when I was little, and even the 1968 RCA console stereo that I posted had one of these labels on the back.  Having flashbacks to my childhood and playing with one of these with one of my friends where his dad worked, I snatched it up.  It has a partial roll of red tape in it and two decent rolls of blue tape.  Does anybody know if the tape for these machines is still being produced?


  1. Nice! I think you can still get the tape. The most popular maker is Dymo -- search them online.

  2. Thanks Pam, I found the tape for sale on their website. I didn't even know what to call it...apparently it is called "embossing tape". Cool!


All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.