Saturday, October 17, 2009

Replacement Seats and Backs for Chrome Dinette Sets

 

Have your vinyl dinette chairs seen better days?  I remembered my parents replacing the seats and backs on their dinette set back in the 80's to an ugly brown high-back design that was more stylish for the time.  Curious to see if replacements were still available, I started searching.  What I found is the Seats and Stools website: http://www.seatsandstools.com/classic-&-highback-c-24_15_39.html from which the above photos come.  You can order the seat and back set in a single color, or in the great two tone style shown above.  You can also order the set in a highback style is you so desire, although they only come in a single color.  After playing around with their site for a little bit, I think you can customize your two tone set, so if your kitchen is not some standard color scheme, you can create a chair to go with it.  Looking for blue with yellow inserts?  I think you can do it here.  How about hunter green with dusty rose inserts?  I think you can do it.  Are your chairs rusted so that you need new frames as well?  They have them.  I really enjoyed browsing their site.  You can even order a complete new chair set if you are needing dinette chairs for a table that you have found (like the gray cracked-ice Formica chrome table I got for $3 at a garage sale a while back).

Looks like standard single color seat and back sets are $44.99 and the two-tone sets are $48.99.  Not a bad price to breathe some new life into those vintage sets that we all love so much!  Complete new chair sets are in the $120 - $180 range depending on the style you choose - the dinette chairs range from $120- $125.

The site has many other types of seating available as well, including bar stools.

I haven't had a lot of time to search for other resources for seat and back replacement cushions.  If I find more, I'll post them.  If you know of others, please let me know!

Please note that I have no affiliation with the above website.  I am posting only because I found their products interesting and something that I thought the retro restoration community might be interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.