Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Happiness is...

Inspired by Sonya at Dime Store Thrift, here are a few things that make me happy.

Happiness is...

Naked ladies in the yard (get your mind out of the gutter!).  I love the way that the leaves come up in the spring and the flowers appear later in the year.


Daffodils.  Lots of daffodils.


And this really pretty variety of daffodil that I don't know the name for (but the flowers are really interesting).  These were at the house when I bought it.


Red Flowering Quince that is getting flower buds and little leaves.


Being reunited with two old friends after a long winter apart.


Have a great Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. I like daffodils too! Have you ever seen the movie "Big Fish"? If not watch it its amazing! and has all kinds of cool 40's 50's scenes in it! I would plant some at the lake but the only thing that seems to thrive out there is Iris, and Leatris... I threw some bluebonnet seeds out there 3 weeks ago so hopefully they will pop up too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. Here in KY, I have heard the name resurrection lily for your naked ladies. The name naked ladies is much more fun. I don't have any naked ladies, but I do have lots of daffodils and a quince that is still small but will have a nice bunch of blooms this year. Quinces can get HUGE, so anyone else thinking of planting one -- be sure to give it lots of room. Isn't spring wonderful?

    ReplyDelete

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.