Thursday, March 25, 2010

It's Mine! All Mine!


Finally!  I have finally found my vintage stove!  It is a Tappan Deluxe model PHADV 668-7M with serial number 314964.  I can tell you, once it got here and we uncovered it, it was love at first sight!

I could go on and on about it's beauty, but pictures can speak louder than words in this case.  So here ya go, my new stove.  I think I'm going to have to come up with a name for her!


All the lights work!


The back - so pretty!  Look at all that beautiful chrome and the gold and red!


Both the oven door and the broiler door have these beautiful chrome handles with the red crest set in a gold background.


The glass in the stove door has the word "Visualite" on it and is surrounded by chrome trim.  I really like the lines in the glass.


Here you can see the model and serial number.


The drawers on the left side.  The top two are regular drawers, which I will probably put utensils in.  The bottom drawer is special.


The bottom drawer is for things like cereal and crackers.  It has a thing (like my technical vocabulary?) in it that absorbs moisture to keep things from getting stale.  When the crystals in the window turn pink, take the unit out, put it in the oven, and bake at 350 for 1 hour to return it to normal.

I still need to trace down the problem with the oven and have it repaired.  I think that I'm also going to rewire all of the electric, just to be on the safe side.  I will also have to have the orifices changed as it is set up for propane (LP) and my house is natural gas.

Have a great Thursday!

11 comments:

  1. There aren't a lot of people on the planet who would get so excited over the delivery of a USED stove but I can personally totally understand your joy. It's beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinkin Glenda.

    Or Glynyce, maybe.

    On account of she's a lady, and she's definitely glitzy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, that is beautiful. you are so lucky! i love all the lights

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always sort of peripherally liked vintage stoves, but this one is just TOO cool. What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Elizabeth" :)
    Id say HANDS DOWN you got a fantastic deal! And liek Vintage Chris said, I can TOTALLY understand getting excited! Gah Im so happy for you! (and a wee bit jealous!) Now your going to need a fridge to match...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mick, I've pretty much decided against a vintage fridge. I love their looks, but they are smaller, and real energy hogs. I want to get a new white fridge, something simple, that will compliment the new stove and not distract from it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have you looked at the "Big Chill" fridges? they are old styled but built new! and from what Ihear last forever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Small yes. Energy hogs no as long as you defrost them every so often and make sure the door seal is good.

    Mine: http://bit.ly/9iU26y

    What a great word verification: marfully. marvelous, wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. http://tappantalk.blogspot.com/2010/02/reader-question.html

    Above is a link for those of us who are lucky enough to own a series 60 Tappan. Mine is named Tilley.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, how lucky you are! Great stove! I have one also, and feel *really bad*, like I was cheating on it since I was cruising the Craigslist vintage stove ads the other day....of course, I caught sight of an O'Keefe & Merritt High Vue in jadite green with a Grillevator. The Grillevator is such a cool thing for anyone who does a lot of broiling, but alas, it was not enough to make me get rid of my cool dashboard bezel, my Crisp Chest (I also still have the original crystals in mine), and my light up red bezels.

    Enjoy your new find Michael, and I haven't named mine either.

    ReplyDelete

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.