Friday, March 5, 2010

Movie Friday: Driving Miss Daisy


"I wouldn't be in your shoes if the sweet Lord Jesus come down and asked me his-self."

I'm continuing this week with another classic movie from my childhood.  I always loved Driving Miss Daisy.  I remember this was one of the few movies that we actually went to see in the theater when I was little.  At that time, I was most interested in all the great old cars that are featured in the movie.  As I have grown older, I now appreciate the whole story behind the movie.  Of course, the great mid-century parts of the set help as well!

The movie follows the story of the 25 year relationship between Miss Daisy Werthan and Hoke Colburn, her chauffeur.  The story is set in Atlanta, and begins in 1948, when Miss Daisy is 72 years old.  Another heart-warming tale, it should be on everyone's must-own list.

The movies stars Jessica Tandy and Miss Daisy, Morgan Freeman as Hoke, and Dan Aykroyd as Miss Daisy's son, Boolie.

The movie receive four Academy Awards and nine nominations.  You can read all about the movie at this Wikipedia article.

Here's a neat video that I found that looks at several of the filming locations around Atlanta, past and present:


Oh, how I would love to live in Miss Daisy's house!

I have one more movie from the late 1980s time period to share next week before I start sharing some older titles again.

Have a great Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Great movie! When I take my grandmother on her wenesday Beauty Shop run, I tend to call her Miss Daisy! That last line in the trailer about the airconditioner! HA sooooo true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your fun blog, Driving Miss Daisy is one of my favorite movies. That's not the way to the Piggly Wiggly!

    ReplyDelete

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.