Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Vintage Vinyl Living Room Set


I came across this great vintage living room sofa and chair set on CraigsList last night.  I love the lines, and even the color (my favorite color is green), but the drawback to me is that it is vinyl.  I really don't care for vinyl...at all.


When I think of vinyl, I think of the waiting room furniture when I go to get the oil changed in my car.  I also think of the 1978 Chevrolet Caprice that my parents had from the time that I was 3 until I was 8 years old.  That car would burn rubber!  But, it had awful dark red vinyl interior.  Do you know what vinyl car seats do to little legs on a hot summer day?  It's not pretty.  Of course, they were freezing in the winter as well.  We used to keep towels on the seats to be comfortable.  So, my past dealings with vinyl give me visions of peeling my body off this couch when I lay down shirtless to watch a movie or when I'm sick and camped out on the couch.  But then on the plus side, spray it with a little Windex and wipe it down and it's clean!



The owner is asking $275 for the set.  Not bad for a set in good shape, if you want vinyl.  You can view the original CL ad here.

Oh, and a quick update on the stove - the delivery guy got behind in his rounds yesterday, so I still don't have it.  Hopefully today it will be mine.  All this anticipation is killing me!  I feel like a little kid on Christmas Eve!

3 comments:

  1. I totally agree with the dis-like of Vinyl. I hat that noise it makes when you get up and have to peel the cushions off of you. However you get the JOY of "windexing the couch!" as my grand mother would say. :) I hope the Stove arrives tonight, Im as excited as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog and I love it! I'm with you on the vinyl thing ~ too hard to get comfy. But there is somthing awesome about the color of that set...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm torn. I love the color of the vinyl, but have the same memories as you do, of leaving my epidermis on the seat of the car.

    I wonder if it's cracked ice vinyl? It'd almost be worth grabbing it for the vinyl alone if so. You could recover quite a few chrome kitchen chairs with that much vinyl and then redo the couch set in something more liveable.

    ReplyDelete

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.