Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Russia Lovin'

I'm finding it hard to believe that it will soon be five years since my trip to Vladimir, Russia.  It was a wonderful experience and I dream of returning someday.

Today I wanted to share this amazing blue, white, and gold music box.  It is in the shape of one of the amazing Russian cathedrals with beautiful painted onion domes atop each tower surrounding the central tower.  Each of the taller domes has a metal Russian Orthodox cross atop it.  The shorter domes have wooden spires.  The music box plays the song Katyusha.

I have so many beautiful items that I brought back with me, and it was all so inexpensive.  I purchased many beautiful pieces of Russian crystal.  I must share them with you some time!

Here is the website for the city of Vladimir, Russia.

I have even updated the blog music player for today with a couple of Russian folk songs that I learned while I was over there.

So, how about you?  Have you ever been anywhere outside of the United States (not including Mexico or Canada)...maybe I should ask if any of you have ever been outside of North America?

1 comment:

  1. England, Wales, Ireland, Northern Ireland (both of us).
    Israel, Turkey (husband without me).

    ReplyDelete

All comments on posts older than 7 days will go into moderation until I can approve them. Thank you for your patience and understanding! Comments are not to be used to advertise your business or personal Craigslist advertisements. These will be DELETED. Thanks.